Remember like 8 years ago when it was all about the donut bun? It was the easiest hairdo that looked chic and put together with minimum effort.
Nowadays I rather go for messy boho style hairdos just because I like the volume and I feel like they frame my face in a much more flattering way. So I decided to share with you my favorite Pull-Through Braid that I discovered thanks to my babe Johanna. It is the perfect hairdo if…
1) you’re running late
2) you don’t have time to wash your hair
3) you just don’t know how to style your hair.
If you would like to see how I create this braid then keep on reading.
Rat tail comb
Transparent elastic bands
I started off with freshly showered damp hair just because it looks much more presentable that way here on my blog. However clean hair is really difficult to work with so you want to add something that makes it feel less silky and slippery. For that texture & extra volume I applied some Cutrin MUOTO Root Lifting Spray Mousse just to my roots and Cutrin MUOTO Strong Volumizing Mousse to rest of my hair. Then I blow-dried.
… AND HERE’S THE TUTORIAL:
1. Hair prep done.
2. Curl your hair. Nothing fancy. Just messy curls. This step is actually not that necessary but I decided to go through with it anyways just because I think it gives any hairdo a better shape & form.
3. Create a high ponytail from your top layer.
4. Create a second ponytail under the first one.
5. Divide your first pony into two pieces.
6. Wrap them around your second pony and secure with an elastic.
7. Create a third ponytail under the second one. This time incorporate the ends from the first pony. Repeat the wrapping.
8. Repeat that until you have desired length.
9. The most important step: gently tug on both sides of the braid to make it fuller and more voluminous. Don’t worry about keeping it neat. I personally like it to look a bit messy. Finish off with Cutrin MUOTO Strong Instant Hairspray and voila! You’re done!
I hope you liked it!
FYI! Until 28.02 Cutrin MUOTO products are 25% OFF at mgbeauty.ee!
Talk to you soon, babes!