For several years now I’ve had totally different makeup regimen when it comes to summertime. When it’s 25 degrees outside, I really don’t feel like wearing full coverage foundation with concealer, setting powder, bronzer, blush and highlighter. T o o m a n y p r o d u c t s !
During the summer I mostly use mineral makeup. I wish I would have used it back when I was living in Dubai. My life would have been so much easier. But back then I didn’t really believe in it. It was about 3 years ago, I was in Ibiza and my babe Grisse was using mineral powder foundation & demanded me to try it out aswell. I’m so glad I did!
So, why do I like it? First of all it takes me like 2 minutes to create a radient & even skin and I really don’t feel like wasting a lot of time doing my makeup when I’m for example travelling. Secondly, it has SPF 15 which means I don’t have to apply sunscreen separately. Last but definitely not least – it allows my skin to breathe & look good naturally!
Obviously there are a lot of different brands out there, so I’m going to give you a little heads up about what kind of products I use and how.
My mineral makeup kit is by the brand Sampure Minerals (HERE). It is the first European Halal certified mineral makeup brand created in Great Britain in 2009. They use only the finest quality natural ingredients in their products, no nasty chemicals, no parabens, no animal derivatives and no preservatives. The kit consists of Instant Glow Mineral Foundation, Instant Glow Setting Powder, Instant Glow Mineral Blush and 2 brushes.
MY MAKEUP ROUTINE
1. I start by hydrating my face. Make sure to wait at least 10 minutes before applying the mineral makeup so the moisturizer can settle into your skin properly.
2. Then I apply the star of the show – Sampure Minerals Instant Glow Mineral Foundation (HERE). I am very tanned right now, so my perfect match is “Sand.” They have 7 different shades, so make sure to pick up the right one. If you’re not sure which is suitable for you, just do it like I did – I went to Tradehouse shop in Nautica Keskus to check out the testers.
The brush is the most important tool you will use for applying mineral foundation, so make sure you invest in an excellent quality one. I used Sampure Minerals Mini Kabuki Brush (HERE).
So, I apply the foundation in gentle circular motions on the skin to get a beautiful coverage and repeat it several times all over the face while paying attention to all areas including around the nose and eyes. Keep in mind that little goes a long way! After that I always admire my skin in front of the mirror for a bit because I just can’t seem to get it how easy it is to even out all the redness, dark circles, pigmentations and spots. The product itself is very luxurious & lightweight with no distinctive scent to it. 10/10!
(Left side of my face has Sampure Minerals Instant Glow Mineral Foundation on. Right side is clean.)
3. After creating a beautiful & even canvas it is time to set it. Sampure Minerals Instant Glow Mineral Setting Powder in “Natural” (HERE) helps to smooth away any fine lines and imperfections + keeps everything in place while adding a beautiful velvety matte finish. To be honest, when I’m in a hurry, I tend to skip this step. However, if you have problems with oil control, I think this product will help you to stay matte longer.
4. It is time to give some shape to the face. They do have a bronzer aswell but I like to use Sampure Minerals Crushed mineral eyeshadow in “Heavenly bronze” (HERE) instead. I just love the colour! It is a chocolate brown loose eyeshadow which is not too brown, not too red, not too orange. Perfect for creating that sunkissed look!
5. For a blush I use Sampure Minerals Instant Glow Mineral Blush in “Shimmer’n’ice” (HERE). As the name says, it has some fine shimmer in it, so I don’t even have to apply highlighter because it’s like 2 in 1. It gives such a beautiful radient & glowy flush of colour! But if you are more of a highlighter kinda gal, you should try out their Mineral Setting Powder in “Glow” (HERE). I haven’t tried it myself but I’ve heard good things about it!
6. Eyebrows! Very important step! It is so hard to find a good brow pencil which is suitable for girls with blonde hair. Sampure Minerals Classic Brow Pencil (HERE) runs in 1 colour and I think it’s a better fit for brunettes.
7. Let’s add some drama to the eyes with Sampure Minerals Beautiful Volume & Curl Mascara (HERE)! My eyelashes are long and semi-voluminous I suppose. The problem is (actually ‘was’) that they were stubbornly straight. For years and years my usual mascara routine was like this: curl them, apply 2 coats of mascara, curl them again. And after 1 min they were back to straight again. So frustrating. My solution? Curl your lashes, apply 1 coat of any waterproof mascara, apply another coat of your regular mascara and boom! Try it out & you can thank me later!
8. …and now the lips! Sometimes I go for red or orange but in everyday life I tend to use nude lipsticks more than anything else. I’m using Sampure Minerals Long-lasting Matte Lipstick in “Sandstone” (HERE) which is like a brownish nude colour. I think this shade is very flattering for many different skintones. Lipstick itself is matte like the name says but not drying like some might be.
9. I like to spray some rose water to my face as a final step. I feel like it makes the makeup look even more natural et voilà! I’m done!
If you’ve been wondering whether mineral makeup is worth trying out or not, just go for it. Sampure Get Started Kit (HERE) is a good option for that! Sampure Minerals products are available at www.purecostmetics.ee and Tradehouse shop in Nautica Keskus!
Also with a code “maarjabrenner” you can get 15% OFF on Sampure Minerals products when ordering from purecosmetics.ee & orders over €49 have free shipping!
I hope you guys enjoyed it and talk to you soon! Mwuah! x